Finally here is the outdoor dining list as promised. Again, feel free to add to it in the comments section!
For Chicago, here are some links to places listing outdoor dining options. Many of these are available for other cities, too!
- Metromix (for some reason, their outdoor dining list appears to only list BYOB and beer garden places – I like both of those, though)
- Time Out Chicago (this one lists by hidden gems, which where the link will take you, and neighborhoods)
- NBC5 (not a very comprehensive list but a list nonetheless)
Now, for what all of you suggested! Keeping with Chicago, here are your favorites…
- Park Grill – Tasha’s recommendation – I love this one, too!
- Northside in Wicker Park (this is especially nice when it hasn’t fully warmed up – you can feel like you’re outside but stay toasty inside!)
- Kitsch’n on Roscoe
- Trattoria Isabella – Darren suggested this one and has this to say “it is a relatively new place (at Jefferson & Lake) that has a great outdoor patio & bar area (with TVs for Cubs Games!) — service is very mixed (owners can be rude) & it might not be the absolute best value in town, but it is certainly worth a try on a nice day — you will enjoy the patio!
- The Jefferson Tap – also Darren – it’s near Trattoria Isabella (JT is his Regal Beagle folks) and they have a sidewalk patio area, good food, friendly service, plenty of selection & even a decent special on occasion. You can tell them Coady (Darren’s last name) sent you. 😉
- El Cafe Tapatio – oh I forgot about this one!!!! Thanks Ingrid!
- O’Donovan’s – by our apartment – we need to get over there!
- Sola – pricey but SO worth it according to Ingrid
- Jack’s – great wine, food and xmas lights outside (thanks Kim!)
- Volo – wine bar
- Cafe 28 – no wait to sit outside for breakfast (really Kim? That’s awesome!)
- Cafe Babareeba – sangria and shared plates (I forgot they had an outdoor area!)
- Kaze sushi – one of the only sushi places with an outdoor area
Glen’s Diner – by our house but added by Kerry – her son, Connor, particularly enjoyed the trains. Jeff & I enjoy the bloody mary’s!
John’s Place – and it doesn’t hurt that its near Sweet Mandy B’s
Room 21 – thought the food was great!
- Tango Sur – for the meat lovers
- Spaca Napoli – haven’t been here yet but I hear long lines but the pizza is worth it
- Joey’s Brickhouse – great brunch, too!
- I’m adding Bistro Campagne – I loved it when it was the tea room and I love it as the bistro – a beautiful garden dining area
Outside of Chicago:
Milwaukee (courtesy of Tasha)
Michigan’s West Coast and Grand Rapids (courtesy of Deb)
- Kirby Grill – Grand Haven, MI Sandwiches, burgers, salads and stuff. Right across the street from the big lake. Great people watching too.
- Blue Water Grill – Grand Rapids, MI Right on the shore of Versluis Lake. Great food and drinks!
- Rose’s, Reed’s Lake – Grand Rapids, MI. Right on the shore of Reed’s Lake. Great food and drinks.
- Green Well – Grand Rapids, MI. Gastro Pub in East Hills. Awesome drink selection, great food and a Leed certified restaurant.
- Anywhere in Saugatuck! Cool place right on the lake!
Holland, MI (courtesy of Ingrid)
- The Piper at Eldean Marina (on the lake)
- Boatwerks (also on the lake)
- New Holland Brewery (8th Street)
Southern California (Pretty much anywhere will be great but here are some of our faves!)
- Fisherman’s on the Pier in San Clemente (not so much for the food but for the view)
- Las Brisas in Laguna Beach (breathtaking views)
- Brussels Bistro in Laguna Beach (this is for the food – I crave the mussels from there! You can enjoy downtown LB here, too)
- Tin Fish/Hepburns – San Diego Gaslamp area. Great people watching, water watching, yummy fish tacos
- Poseidon – seafood on the beach – what could be better? They have burgers and stuff like that, too
Okay, looking up all of those links took more time than I thought I would so that’s it for today. We ventured to the new Modern Wing of the Art Institute and the new gigantic Whole Foods today – more on those trips in tomorrow’s post!
Have more suggestions or disagree with one of the places listed? Post in the comments!!!
Thanks for reading Bright-Yellow and forward to your friends!