Well, it looks like bacon has become my theme for the week. So, today I’m giving you one of my new favorite recipes. This Spinach Salad recipe is from Cooking Light and while it is super easy to make, it looks like it took a lot of work. And, since it has bacon, everyone loves it (including Jeff who doesn’t like vegetables!).
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots (about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon country-style Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Braeburn apple (I prefer Fuji)
- 4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spinach
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add mushrooms and remaining ingredients; toss well to coat. Makes 8 servings.
See – SUPER easy!